Mandatory real estate diagnoses for rentals
TECHNICAL DIAGNOSTIC FILE
When signing the lease and its renewal, the lessor ( owner) must provide the tenant with a technical diagnostic file.
These diagnoses must be performed by certified real estate diagnosticians.
On these regulatory matters, you should always check the administration's website which is updated regularly.
This technical diagnosis file (DDT) can now be communicated to the tenant by dematerialized way (except opposition by one of the parties).
For this purpose, we provide you with a tool allowing you to load and consult these documents from your user account.
This file includes the following documents:
- Energy performance diagnosis (DPE);
- Constat de risque d'exposition au plomb (Crep) if the accommodation dates from before January 1949;
- Copy of the statement mentioning the presence or absence of asbestos (upon request of the tenant);
- Statement of the internal installation of electricity if the installation is more than 15 years old;
- Statement of the internal installation of gas if the installation is more than 15 years old or if the last certificate of compliance is more than 6 years old.
- Statement of risks and pollution (natural, mining, technological, seismic, radon ...) to find out if the housing is located in a risk area;
- Noise diagnosis.
See all the documents to be attached to the lease
How to find a certified diagnostician
In case of absence of one of these diagnoses, concealment of information or false information :
- the tenant can ask for the nullity of the rental contract or the reduction of the rent;
- the owner engages his criminal responsibility with heavy penalties in case of sanction - up to 2 years of imprisonment and 300,000€ fine.
DIAGNOSTIC OF ENERGY PERFORMANCE - DPE
- Diagnosis valid for 10 years and performed by a professional.
NB: DPEs performed between January 1, 2018 and June 30, 2021 are valid until December 31, 2024, and those performed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2017 are valid until December 31, 2022.
- It provides information on the amount of energy consumed by a building (heating, domestic hot water, cooling) and assesses its energy performance, as well as the impact of its energy consumption on greenhouse gas emissions.
CONSTAT OF RISK OF EXPOSURE TO LEAD - CREP
- The report of risk of exposure to lead presents a location of coatings containing lead. It consists of measuring the concentration of lead in all the coatings of housing, to identify those containing lead, whether degraded or not, to describe their state of conservation and to identify, where appropriate, the factors of degradation.
- Certificate drawn up by a professional with unlimited validity if no trace of lead is detected. In case of presence of lead with a concentration higher than 1mg/cm2, then the report is valid for 6 years.
- The asbestos diagnosis or asbestos status, carried out by a professional allows you to identify the presence or absence of materials or products containing asbestos in your home.
- It concerns housing whose building permit was issued before July 1997.
- The diagnosis has an unlimited validity if it was made from April 1, 2013. If the diagnosis was established before April 1, 20213, it must be renewed before the next rental.
- In any case, it is advisable to make a new diagnosis if you have carried out renovation work between 2 rentals.
STATUS OF GAS AND ELECTRICITY INTERIOR INSTALLATIONS
- These gas and electricity diagnoses are established by professionals and are valid for six years.
- For gas installations, a certificate of compliance less than 6 years old, issued by approved bodies (Qualigaz, Dekra, Copraudit), can replace the diagnosis.
- The state of the internal gas installation is carried out without dismantling elements of the installations. It respects a model established by ministerial decree.
- The state of the interior installation of electricity is carried out after the general circuit breaker specific to each dwelling and up to the sockets. It is established according to the methodological requirements and the model defined by ministerial decree.
- The diagnoses (gas and electricity) established at the time of sale may be attached to the rental contract, provided that they have been established for less than six years.
STATUS OF NATURAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL RISKS - ERP
- In some areas, a state of natural and technological risks must be attached to the lease.
- The period of validity is 6 months.
- To find out if your accommodation is located in a concerned area, you can inquire at the town hall of the place where the building is located, at the prefecture or on the website of the department. Learn more
- This document mentions the natural, mining, technological or seismic risks to which the housing is exposed.
DIAGNOSTIC RELATING TO AIRPORT NOISE
- Obligatory since June 1, 20200 if the accommodation is located in an airport noise exposure zone, the Noise diagnosis makes it possible to know the existence of airborne noise pollution.
- To find out if your home is affected, you must consult the noise exposure plan (PEB) on the information service of the administration.
- The Noise diagnosis is to be completed on this form.
And since we're cool, here's a little summary table :)
Was this article helpful? Yes No