- How do I create an account ?
- How do I get my password back if I have forgotten it ?
- How do I change any information on my account ?
- Why can’t I contact a tenant or a owner by telephone or email before making a rental request ?
- Why should I use MorningCroissant and not deal directly with the owner or the tenant ?
- How can I be sure that MorningCroissant is a serious site ?
- How can I contact MorningCroissant ?
- How can I delete my account ?
- Documents to provide for the tenant file in the context of a long-term lease
- How do I rent a property ?
- How do I contact the owner ?
- What is the difference between the buttons “Rent this property”, “Check availability” and “Contact the owner” ?
- The owner is not answering my request – what do I do ?
- When will my request be accepted by the owner ?
- How can I be sure my rental request has been accepted ?
- What happens if an owner does not accept my rental request ?
- When will I get the owner’s phone number so that I can call ?
- What do the service fees cover ?
- Can I make a rental for someone else ?
- What should I do if someone asks me to pay outside the website?
- Documents to provide for your rental application
- Can I monthly payment of my rental ?
- How do I pay for my booking ?
- When will I be billed ?
- Is it safe to book on MorningCroissant?
- I don’t have a credit card, so how can I make a rental ?
- When to pay for the deposit ?
- How to use my voucher ?
- Where can I find all my invoices ?
- What happens to my payment if the owner declines my rental request ?
- What is a payment authorization ?
- I was not able to pay for my rental online, why is that? What do I do now ?
- Do you accept payments from all countries?
>After a booking
- I’ve sent a rental request, now what do I do ?
- Can I change the dates of my rental ?
- How can I extend my rental ?
- I can’t get in touch with the owner, and my rental will be starting soon, what should I do ?
- How do I get the keys to the accommodation ?
- Can I arrive later than the time shown in the accommodation's description ?
- What happens if the owner does not meet me at the property ?
- What happens if the property do not correspond to the description as published in the offer ?
- What happens if I break something or if some damage occurs during my rental ?
- What happens after my rental ?
- How to make a video of my accommodation?
- How to add a virtual tour or a video of my accommodation to my ad?
- How do I list my properties online ?
- How can I make my ad more attractive?
- I am having problems with the address of my property: the site is not recognizing it. What should I do ?
- What is the difference between an accommodation available "all the time" and "occasionally" ?
- How many photos should I use in my listing ?
- How can I modify my listing ?
- Once I’ve created my listing, when will it be visible ?
- How to appear before other ads and have a better visibility?
- Why is my listing no longer visible on the site ?
- I’d like to put my listing offline. How do I do this ?
- I would like to delete my listing from the website, how to do it?
- How do I update my calendar ?
- How do I synchronize my MorningCroissant calendar with the one on another website ?
- What rent should I ask ?
- Should I ask for a deposit ?
- What is the difference between an availability request and a booking request ?
- What do I do when I receive an availability request from a tenant ?
- What do I do when I get a booking request from a tenant ?
- How long do I have to reply to a booking request ?
- Can I refuse a booking request ?
- How do I send a message to the tenant ?
- A potential tenant is asking to see the accommodation before booking. What do I do ?
- When and how will my contact information be sent to the tenant ?
- Differences between medium and long term rentals in France
>After a booking
- What should I do to get ready for my tenant’s arrival ?
- When do I hand over the keys ?
- What happens if the tenant cancels his booking ?
- I have accepted a booking but now it isn’t possible to take in my tenants, can I cancel the booking ?
- A tenant has caused damage to my accommodation or has suffered damage during his rental, what do I do ?
- How can I get reviews on my accommodation?
- Règlementation applicable à la location meublée en général en France
- Rent setting: renewal, capping and revision
- List of required equipment for furnished rental
- Mandatory real estate diagnoses for rentals
- Appendices to the rental contract to be provided to the tenant
- Prior authorization for rental - "Permit to rent"
- Regulations for short-term rentals in France
>Trust & Safety
Mandatory real estate diagnoses for rentals
TECHNICAL DIAGNOSTIC FILE
When signing the lease and renewing it, the landlord must provide the tenant with a technical diagnosis file. On these regulatory matters, we always recommend that you consult the administration's website which is updated regularly.
This technical diagnostic file (DDT) can now be communicated to the tenant by electronic means (unless one of the parties objects).
To this end, we also provide you with a tool that allows you to download and consult these documents from your user account.
This file includes the following documents:
- the energy performance diagnosis ;
- the risk of lead exposure if the accommodation was built before January 1949;
- where applicable, a state of natural and technological risks if the accommodation is located in a risk area (floods, earthquakes, avalanches, etc.)...);
- a copy of the statement mentioning the absence or, where applicable, the presence of building materials or products containing asbestos;
- a statement of the indoor electricity installation if the installation is more than 15 years old;
- a statement of the indoor gas installation if the installation is more than 15 years old or if the last certificate of conformity is more than 15 years old.
See all the documents to be attached to the lease
How to find a certified diagnostician
DIAGNOSTIC OF ENERGY PERFORMANCE (DEP)
- Diagnosis valid 10 years and performed by a professional.
- It provides information on the amount of energy consumed by a building (heating, domestic hot water, cooling) and evaluates its energy performance, as well as the impact of its energy consumption on greenhouse gas emissions.
- NB: an intentional concealment or misleading information on the DEP could engage the responsibility of the landlord and allow the tenant to request the nullity of the rental contract or the reduction of the rent.
CONSTAT OF EXPOSURE RISK AT LEAD
- Certificate issued by a professional and valid for six years if anomalies have been found. If no trace of lead is detected, the finding is definitive.
- The lead exposure risk finding presents a tracking of lead-containing coatings. It consists in measuring the lead concentration in all the coatings in the accommodation, in order to identify those containing lead, whether degraded or not, to describe their state of conservation and to identify, if necessary, the deterioration factors.
- The landlord is liable under criminal law in the event of non-compliance with this finding.
STATE OF NATURAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL RISKS
- In some areas, a statement of natural and technological risks must be attached to the lease.
- To know if you are in a concerned area, you can contact the town hall of the place where the property is located, the prefecture or the department's Internet site.
STATE OF THE INTERNAL GAS AND ELECTRICITY INSTALLATIONS
- These conditions are established by professionals and are valid for six years.
- The condition of the indoor gas installation is achieved without dismantling parts of the installations. It complies with a model established by Ministerial decree
- The state of the indoor electricity installation is carried out after the general circuit breaker specific to each dwelling and up to the electrical outlets. It is established according to the methodological requirements and the model defined by Ministerial decree
- The diagnoses (gas and electricity) established at the time of sale may be annexed to the rental contract, provided that they have been established less than six years ago.
Was this article helpful? Yes No