Taking out home insurance

All tenants are required to take out home insurance before moving into the rented property. This insurance covers risks in the event of a claim, whether against the property, its contents (moveable capital) or its occupants and their civil liability.

The landlord is entitled to demand proof of the validity of this insurance every year, as well as when the lease is signed. You can take out this type of insurance with any insurer. Don't hesitate to compare the different offers and play the competition.

As with any insurance, read your contract carefully and be vigilant about the conditions precedent (Packages, exclusions, reimbursement ceilings).

Our partner Lovys
You can take out home insurance online in just a few minutes on Lovys :
  • from €3.99 per month
  • without commitment
>> Sign up for Lovys home insurance
Was this article helpful? Yes  No